Traffic and Income Summary
This is my first ever ‘Traffic and Income Summary.’ In the seven months I’ve been blogging, January is the first month that I have made a small income from my blog and seen a major increase in traffic. I attribute this to my introduction to blogger communities.
I’m going to break down my traffic by social media, the major traffic drivers, and my actual traffic stats.
Social Media Traffic
Unfortunately, I didn’t make a record of where my follower stats were at before January 1st, and I so wish I had! So, the end of January will mark my starting point.
- Facebook Page Likes – 68 (as of 2/3)
- Pinterest Followers – 327 (as of 2/3)
- Instagram Followers – 275 (as of 2/3)
Major Traffic Sources
I am just going off of Google Analytics for this section. Instagram referrals don’t show up in the general traffic sources on Google Analytics.
- Facebook – 41.68% (combo of facebook & m.facebook)
- Stumbleupon – 23.18%
- Direct traffic – 16.46%
- Pinterest – 1.92%
- Google – 1.38%
- Other – 15.38%
- Visits (Google Analytics) – 1,665
- Visitors (according to WordPress) – 910
- Page Views (Google Analytics) – 2,347
- Page Views (according to WordPress) – 2,298
- Best Traffic Day – January 12th with 213 views
2016 so far vs. 2015 (July-December)
- 2016 (January) – Views: 2,298 Visitors: 910
- 2015 (July-December) – Views: 785 Visitors 407
In one month, with the help of those blogger communities and being more active on social media, I was able to almost triple my page views and almost double my visitor count from 6 months of blogging.
January’s Top Posts
- Reading 52 Leadership Books in 2016
- The Happiness Project – Book and Journal – Week 1 of my 52 Leadership Books in 2016 Challenge
- Social Media and Leadership
- Free Photo Editing Softwares
- Marrying Young is NOT Like Leaving a Party Early
Prior to January 2016, I had only earned about $0.30 on my blog. I’m still waiting for Google to verify my AdSense account so that I can get paid!
- Google AdSense – $130.18
February Blog Goals
- Increase blog views and visitors
- Increase social media following
- Post at least 3 times weekly
- Increase income in any way
- get a few subscribers
Thank you for reading Manda’s Mix and coming back! I’m so happy to have seen a return on the investment I was finally able to put into my blog.
Thanks for reading,